Wednesday, December 10, 2008
5-10 curry leaves
2-3 green chillies
2 onions, finely chopped
2-3 flakes garlic, finely chopped
3 cups gram flour (besan)
4 tbsps oil
3 tbsps coriander leaves
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1.Dry roast the besan in a pan till pink. Keep aside.
2.Heat oil in a kadhai and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they pop, add green chillies, curry leaves, garlic and onions. Fry till onion is transluscent and pink.
3. In a bowl mix together besan, red chilly powder turmeric powder and salt with water to make a paste with ribbon like consistency when dropped form a spoon.
4. Stir in this paste slowly. Mix well. Make sure no lumps are formed.
5. Keep stirring as the mixture cooks and becomes thick.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with bhakris or chapatis.
Tip: Add drumsticks, finely chopped spring onion or methi leaves as different variations.
4 . Add the ground coconut mixtur and steamed matki, boiled potato.
1 cup Green Gram (Moong Sprouted (Steamed)
2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 small cup Carrot (grated)
1 small cup Cabbage
1 cup Spinach (Palak)
1 tbsp Fresh coriander (dhania)
1 cup Coconut
2 tbsp Lemon juice
Red Chili powder As per taste
Black pepper powder As per taste
Salt As per taste
1. Mix steamed moong, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, spinach, coriander, scraped coconut, lemon juice, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and salt.
2. Toss well.
1 cup spinach finely chopped lengthwise
1 cup beetroot steamed chopped
1 ½ tbs coconut scraped
½ tsp mustard seeds powder (adjust to taste )
1/2 tsp green Chili
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Blend coconut ,mustard seeds powder, green Chili paste.
2. Mix spinach, beetroot, coconut paste and lemon juice.
3. Serve it.