This is a delectable dish by Tarla dalal. A small variation which I like is to add a veg maggi cube to this preparation.
1 cup cooked long grained rice
1 cup sprouted matki (moath), parboiled
1 maggi cube (crushed)
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1 green chilli, chopped
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 capsicum, chopped
4 to 6 spring onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil, add the cloves and asafoetida and saute for a few seconds.
2. Add the green chilli, ginger, capsicum and spring onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and the matki and mix well.
4. Add 1/4 cup of water and salt and simmer over a slow flame till the matki is cooked.
5. Add the rice and toss well.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot with vegetable kadhi.