Wednesday, April 8, 2009
2 cups of green coriander (kothimbir)
1 1/2 cup of besan (gram flour)
2-3 tbsp rice flour
2-3 tsp of red chilly powder
1/2 heaped tsp of turmeric
1 tbsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
Oil (to fry).
1.Wash the coriander and finely chop it.
2.In a vessle, add besan rice flour,red chilly powder, turmeric, coriander powder, salt.
3. Add the finely chopped coriander leaves to it and mix well.
4. Slowly add water to this mixture till it becomes a thick paste.
5. Take a plate, grease it lightly with oil. Pour the mixture and pat it to make a medium layer.
6. In a pressure cooker, add some water, place the plate on a stand (like the one used to keep hot utensils). Remove the whistle of the pressure cooker and let it cook on steam for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
7. Once it is cooked, let it cool. Cut into 1 inch peices.
8. Shallow fry or deep fry and serve hot.
2-3 Raw Mangoes
2 cup jaggery
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
Pinch of Saffron
1.Wash the raw mangoes. Add sufficient water in the pressure cooker, put the raw mangoes and let it cook for 2-3 whistles. Let it cool down. Peel cooked mango and remove the pulp from it. Put the pulp in the blender to make a smooth paste. Alternaitively, you can pour the pulp in a strainer and strain it. Do not add water.
2.Take a pan, add the jaggery and a little water. Wait till the jaggery melts.
3. Add the raw mango pulp to the melted jaggery. Mix well.
4. Add cardmom powder and saffron.
5. After this mixture cools down store it in an airtight container.
6. Add 2-3 tbsp in a glass, add cold water. Stir well.
Garnish with a sprig of mint. Serve chilled.